To be honest, I was a little skeptical of this product. I noticed a good deal and have been dying to give it a try, so I decided to take the leap. Here's my experience:
- I've used it only twice so far, per the recommended every-other-week use.
- For me, it has been totally painless on the highest setting, even in the bikini area (using the body attachment). It just feels warm/hot.
- About a week and a half after the first session, my hair started falling out. Exfoliating in the shower sped up the process and is what made me notice - tons of little hairs that were growing out came off on my washcloth.
- Now (about a month later, getting ready for a third session), most of the hair is gone and has not returned or started growing out again.
- The hair isn't coming back (yet?), except for spots I missed. It came back a little patchy in spots. It's hard to see what areas you've covered, or what areas you need to cover again (because I shave before doing it, so I can't see what was missed before) and be precise. It takes a lot of tiny little movements and trying to make sure the little window overlaps and covers everything.
- I have fair skin and dark hair, which is exactly the combo that makes this thing most effective. You might not have the same experience with lighter hair or darker skin.